Nurx offers at home test kits for common STIs for as little as $75 with insurance or $150 per month without insurance.
You can prevent contracting Hepatitis C by avoiding blood-to-blood contact with someone with infected blood. Today, the most common way people are infected with Hepatitis C is by sharing needles used for narcotics.
Here are some steps to take prevent a Hepatitis C infection:
- Use new clean needles. If you use needles for medication, always use your own needles or new ones. If you think one has been contaminated or was used by someone else, dispose of it properly.
- When choosing a tattoo or piercing parlor, inquire about their sanitary procedures. Check to see if they use new needles for each customer.
- Avoiding exposure to blood and blood products. Consider wearing gloves when touching anyone with an open wound or tending to their injuries.
- Being cautious about sharing personal care items that can be exposed to blood, such as razors and toothbrushes.
- Use condoms when having sexual intercourse. Small amounts of blood can pass between partners during sex, leading to infection.
If you would like more information on how you can protect yourself from Hepatitis C, contact the medical professionals at Nurx™.