Birth control pills from Nurx cost as little as $0 with insurance or $15 per month without insurance.
Common side effects of progestin-only birth control can include:
- Menstrual periods that become irregular, including cycles that last shorter or longer than usual, heavy bleeding, light bleeding, or no bleeding at all.
- Breast tenderness.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Loss of bone density.
- Rashes in areas of your skin, including darker patches of skin.
- Nervousness, depression, or anxiety.
- An increase or decrease in your amount of body or facial hair.
- Decreased sex drive.
- Increased acne and breakouts.
- Vaginal discharge.
Overall, progestin-only birth control is an extremely safe option for many women. Most of the above side effects are mild and resolve as the body adjusts to the change in hormone levels (usually in about three months.) In fact, if you’re starting on progestin-only birth control soon, there’s a good chance you won’t experience any adverse side effects.
That being said, if you are experiencing one of the more serious side effects listed above, such as heavy bleeding or a period that never seems to end, be sure to contact your OB/GYN right away, as progestin-only birth control pills might not be the right option for your body.
For more information on side effects when choosing progestin-only birth control pills, contact one of the knowledgeable medical professionals at Nurx™ today. We’ll help you find the birth control that’s perfect for your needs.