Skip to content
Go back

What payment assistance programs are available for PrEP?

Gilead’s Co-Pay Card

This card is available to anyone with commercial insurance and provides $4,800 per year towards the cost of Truvada, with no monthly limit. It can be used for copays, coinsurance, or for high deductible plans. For specific questions regarding Gilead’s Co-Pay Card, please call (800) 226-2056.

Gilead’s Advancing Access Program

Advancing Access is a program that assists uninsured, underinsured, and some Medicare patients by covering the costs (or gaps in cost) for Truvada. Patients must have income equal to or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level (2017: $60,300) to qualify. For specific questions regarding Advancing Access, please call (800) 226-2056 or visit Gilead’s Advancing Access website.

In order to apply you will need:

  • your social security number
  • proof of income (W2, 1040 tax return, 2 most recent pay stubs, or a notarized letter with monthly income/expenses/savings listed)

After you apply the program will require more information and a signature from providers here at Nurx. Please send us the application, in pdf form, completed as much as you’re able and we’ll be in touch shortly.

Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF)

As long as insurance covers some portion of the medication and you earn up to 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (2017: $48,240/year), this group will provide up to $7,500 for co-pay and coinsurance assistance. For specific questions regarding PAF, please call (866) 512-3861 or apply online here.

In order to apply you will need:

  • your social security number
  • your annual household income
  • your insurance/Medicaid information

Once you submit the application, refresh the page after a couple of minutes for links to important documents to appear. Your award letter and amount will be found here. Make sure to download and send the Diagnosis Verification form to Nurx for a provider to complete as soon as possible.

Important Information:

A claim must be made on PAF funds within the first 30 days after the award, or the funds are forfeited. If the patient is using a Gilead copay card in combination with a PAF grant to eliminate their high deductible, please bill the PAF grant first and use the money there before going to the copay card.

Patients will receive a PAF packet in the mail. Sometimes, PAF asks patients to prove their income. If required, patients will need to submit income verification documents within 30 days or forfeit funds. Periodically check this in the provider portal.

For specific questions regarding PAF, please call (866) 512-3861.

Back to top