Nurx offers PrEP for HIV prevention for as little as $0 with insurance for medication.
The Gilead patient assistance program, also referred to as Advancing Access, is a program that can help you to better afford your PrEP prescription. If you don’t have health insurance, or your health insurance provider does not provide prescription coverage for PrEP, you may qualify to receive your PrEP free of charge.
The program offers 24/7 support assistance where you can contact them to see if you qualify for help. If you obtain approval, you will be given a member number that you can use online at Nurx™ or take to your local pharmacy to obtain your prescription. A Nurx team member can help you enroll online and all of your information is kept confidential. The center can also help you with questions related to your current insurance and whether or not it provides coverage for your prescription.
Patients who are currently enrolled in Medicaid or Medicare Part D will not be eligible for assistance. If you do qualify for the program, you will remain eligible for 12 months before needing to re-enroll. To be eligible for the program you will need to be uninsured or under-insured and be unable to afford the cost of your medication.
Here are the steps to apply:
- Visit the Advancing Access site and choose Check Eligibility/Enroll Now
- Check the box indicating that you are NOT with your healthcare professional, then fill out the Patient Information page with Medication: Truvada Prescribed for PrEP/Prevention
- Complete the Patient Consent Page
- When asked for Prescriber Information, use this information:
- First Name: Nancy
- Last Name: Shannon
- Phone: 800-321-6879
- Address: 1125 Mission Street 2nd Floor San Francisco, CA 94103
- Continue through Step 4, Insurance Verification
- Verify your Financial Information on Step 5 and submit.
You should see an Advancing Access Card on the screen. Please screenshot the card and send it to us via message