Once you submit your request and one of our amazing medical providers reviews your health questionnaire, a home test kit is automatically sent to you. You just collect all of your samples, mail it back to us, and we’ll have your test results in just a few days!
Here’s how the process works once you receive your Nurx PrEP Home Test Kit:
- There will be 2 blood cards in your kit – you must complete BOTH cards.
- Write your name, date of birth, and date of sample collection on each tube and card. Barcode stickers will already be on the collection tubes and blood cards.
- After you collect all of your samples, put them in the included sample bags and then put all of the samples back in the box. Finally, put the box into the shipping bag for mailing. You should mail your kit the same day you collect your samples.
- Try to complete the kit as soon as you get it so that we can receive your lab results as soon as possible. We’ll send your results 5-7 business days after the lab successfully receives your kit.
The samples we collect will be used to test for:
- HIV: PrEP is only beneficial for those who are currently not living with HIV.
- Kidney Function: Because medications like Truvada or Descovy can sometimes add strain to your kidneys, we test blood creatinine levels to ensure your kidneys are staying healthy.
- Hepatitis B: Truvada and Descovy can also interact with the hepatitis B virus (HBV), so we’ll want to provide some additional medical oversight to ensure you don’t have any negative interactions.
- Pregnancy: Though PrEP is safe to use during pregnancy, we always refer pregnant women to their OB/GYN.
- STIs (optional): We screen for gonorrhea, chlamydia and syphilis, curable infections that benefit from early treatment.
If you have more questions, click here to watch our video about collecting samples for the Nurx PrEP Home Test Kit or reach out to your Nurx healthcare provider.