Last Modified: October 4, 2023
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
IMPORTANT NOTE - Our Notice of Privacy Practices is a separate document that governs how protected health information ("PHI") about you may be used and disclosed in connection with the health care services in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”).
II. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information About You and Your Health Care Treatment and Payment.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Platform, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, email address, telephone number and account information, postal address, gender, occupation, billing and collection information that you provide to us, information related to your eligibility, or any other information collected on the Platform that is defined as personally identifiable information under applicable law (“Personal Information”).
- Health-related information, such as clinical history and condition, blood pressure reading and any other information exchanged in emails, texts, chats or calls between you and Nurx.
- Information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Platform, and usage details.
- Information about you, such as whether you are a current user, your product interests, location or demographics, or information related to your inquiry or request.
- Any other information we specifically request.
We collect this information: - Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Platform (e.g., usage details, IP address, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies).
- From third parties that we work with to provide you services, such as physicians, medical professionals, and pharmacies.
- We may receive certain information about you through companies that provide us with such information as part of their relationship with us, including Meta, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Hotjar, Hubspot, Microsoft Bing Ads, Mixpanel, Stripe, and other third party tools. We may also receive information about you from your social media accounts if you use those accounts to sign-in to your account with us.
Information You Give to Us. The information we collect on or through our Platform may include:
- Information that we collect when you browse our website or download one of our mobile apps. Even without creating an account, we still may collect from you some of the information described in this Section II: INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT.
- Information that you provide on our Platform, including information provided when you sign in or register for an account on the Platform or for services provided by one of our affiliates, or through communications with you through the Platform or as a result of any health care services.
- Information to process or respond to your inquiries related to requests for treatment, payment, customer service; and when you provide feedback on our Platform, including payment processing information that includes billing information, such as a name, address, email address, and payment card information. When you provide or update your payment processing information, we transmit the payment via an encrypted connection to a third-party credit card processor. Nurx does not collect or store your full credit card details.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us, such as when you report an issue with our Platform or other services.
- Information that you provide for display or posting on the Platform, including information provided in social media and/or testimonials. If you provide a testimonial, your first name will be posted along with the testimonial. Please remember that testimonials are located in the public areas of our Platform. Do not provide information for display or posting on the Platform that you would not want others to save or share.
- Your search queries on the Platform.
Information We Collect About You. As with many other websites and applications, as you navigate through and interact with our Platform, we may use automatic data tracking technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (URL). We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically includes statistical data and may also include Personal Information. We may also maintain it or associate it with Personal Information you provide to us or that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate how individuals access and use our Platform.
- Store information about your preferences.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Platform.
- AppsFlyer. We use AppsFlyer to measure and analyze the effectiveness of our app-based marketing campaigns and app usage by those who download the Nurx app. With AppsFlyer’s help, we are able to aggregate things such as views or clicks on an ad, website pages visited, application downloads, in-app actions like purchases, and more. For more information, please refer to: https://www.appsflyer.com/legal/services-privacy-policy/.
- Criteo Technology. We use Criteo as a display advertising service to promote Nurx’s product and services. Criteo does not use any data that allows Criteo to identify you directly, such as your first and last name, postal address, email address in plain text, etc. When you browse an advertiser’s website or mobile application that uses Criteo’s technologies, that technology allows Criteo to collect a limited amount of data relating to your browsing, such as the products you have viewed, put in your shopping cart and purchased. For more information, please refer to: https://www.criteo.com/privacy/.
- Google Ad Services (includes YouTube). Google Ads remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: https://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Ads Opt-out Browser Add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) for your web browser. Google Ads Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- Impact Radius. We use Impact, a web analytics and advertising service, on our website. With its help, we can keep track of what users do after they see or click on an Impact advertisement and keep track of users who access our website or advertisements from different devices. Any personally identifiable information remains hashed (i.e., a process by which data passes through a formula and is converted into a string of characters so as to encrypt the original data) and data is not associated with individuals. For more information, please refer to: https://impact.com/privacy-policy/.
- Meta Platforms. We use Meta Platforms (including, Facebook and Instagram) (collectively, “Meta”), a web analytics and advertising service provided by Meta on our website. With its help, we and our customers can keep track of what users do after they see or click on a Meta advertisement, keep track of users who access our website or advertisements from different devices, and better provide advertisements to our target audiences. The data from Meta is also saved and processed by Meta. Meta can connect this data with your Facebook or Instagram account and use it for its own and others advertising purposes, in accordance with Meta’s Data Policy which can be found at, https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Please click here if you would like to withdraw your consent for use of your data with Meta.
- Rockerbox, Inc. We use Rockerbox to analyze our marketing channels. Rockerbox is able to do this by tracking when consumers see an ad, click on an ad, or take an action on our website as a result of advertising. Rockerbox collects this data, analyzes it, and shares it back solely to us in an aggregated format. For more information, please visit: https://www.rockerbox.com/privacy.
- Snapchat. We use Snapchat, a web analytics and advertising service, on our website. With its help, we can keep track of what users do after they see or click on a Snapchat advertisement, keep track of users who access our website or advertisements from different devices, and better provide advertisements to our target audiences. The data from Snapchat is also saved and processed by Snapchat and can be connected back to your Snapchat account. For more information please visit: https://values.snap.com/privacy/privacy-policy.
- TikTok. We use TikTok,a web analytics and advertising service, on our website. TikTok uses user information to improve, support and administer its platform, to allow advertisers to use its functionalities, and to fulfill and enforce its Terms of Service. TikTok may also use user information to, among other things, show you suggestions, promote its platform, and customize ad experience. You can find out more about how TikTok collects, uses, and shares user information at https://www.tiktok.com/legal/page/us/privacy-policy/en.
- Yotpo. We leverage Yotpo for various marketing initiatives such as reviews and visual user-generated content, loyalty and referrals, SMS marketing, and email marketing. Yotpo collects user account information (e-mail address and, when applicable, hashed password, platform usage information (connectivity, technical and aggregated usage data, such as user agent, IP addresses, device data (like type, OS, device id, browser version, locale and language settings used), activity logs, session recordings, and the cookies installed or utilized on the user’s device), and direct interactions and communications with Yotpo – (including recordings and transcripts of your calls and emails with us, e.g. for user enablement, support, and training purposes). For more information, please refer to: https://www.yotpo.com/privacy-policy/.
- Other Third Party Tools. We use other third party tools that allow us to track the performance of our Site. These tools provide us with information about errors, app and website performance, and other technical details we may use to improve our Site and/or our Service.
We may also collect data by using “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “pixel tags”) that allow us to know when you visit our Platform. Through pixel tags, we collect non-Personal Information or aggregate information that can be used to enhance your online experience and understand traffic patterns.
Information We Receive From Other Sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services we provide. We sometimes work with third parties and they sometimes provide information about you. We obtain information from such third parties with whom we work to provide you with certain services (including, for example, sub-contractors, analytics providers, advertising networks, and search information providers, or third parties who share your information to provide health care services to you, such as a medical provider including your information when they message or communicate with other medical providers or Nurx).
In addition, we may use third-party providers to serve or track interactions on other websites. You may link to or access our Platform using other third-party websites. Use of such third-party websites is subject to the terms of service and privacy policies of those third parties. Nurx does not control the use of third-party technology or the resulting information and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may also receive Personal Information about you from third-party sources (e.g., lead generators) to determine whether a Nurx product or service is right for you and to send promotional emails to customers and prospective customers.
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. Depending on the types of information received, we will use the information received from other sources or the combined information for the purposes described in Section III: HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
III. How We Use Your Information
We may use information collected about you, including Personal Information, in the following ways:
- To complete any registration or other transactions or actions you request online, such as payment processing, including determining eligibility, use, and other benefits.
- For treatment, payment, or health care operations purposes.
- To communicate with you about our health care services and information, products, and services that you request from us (which may include telephone, voicemail, email, SMS/text messages, or notifications within the Platform).
- To contact you if you receive health care services resulting from your use of the Platform.
- To administer your account, including processing your payments and fulfilling your orders if you receive health care services resulting from your use of the Platform.
- To operate the Platform and perform any services associated with the Platform, including providing you with technical support and to improve the Platform and our products and services.
- To provide you with information that you have requested or to respond to your inquiries.
- To create de-identified information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of our service.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of communications (including advertising) that we send to you and others, and to deliver relevant communications to you and to provide you with communications from Nurx, surveys, newsletters, and other information.
- To better understand our audience.
- To enhance the safety and security or performance of our products and services. This includes verifying your identity, preventing or detecting fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activities.
- To design, develop, and communicate with you about our features, products, and services, or, subject to any consents or authorizations that are required by applicable law, those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies and any of their related businesses and those of our third-party partners.
- To notify you about changes to our services or the Platform.
- For any purpose where you have given your consent (where legally required).
- To comply with applicable federal, state, and other laws and regulations.
IV. Disclosure of Your Information
- For treatment, payment, or health care operations purposes.
- To service providers that assist us in the maintenance, improvement, and optimization of our Platform, such as service providers that help us run and maintain the technology and security infrastructure that support our Platform or that provide services such as email delivery, auditing and similar services.
- To medical providers, including without limitation, physicians, health care facilities and organizations, pharmacies, and laboratories, that provide any services to you, including medical providers with whom you communicate and/or medical providers who review your information in providing health care services to you. You acknowledge and agree that when medical providers provide services to you, the medical providers and all personnel of their professional entities may see any information you provide.
- To Nurx’s and its affiliated professional entities’ employees, or other third parties who provide services to Nurx or an affiliated professional entity.
- To our affiliates and their employees, including for the purpose of posting information or notifications about health care services in your account.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you sign up for certain services, we may share your information in order to provide those services.
- To third-party credit card processors via an encrypted connection so that they can process any payments by you.
- To any third parties we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws.
- To entities that assist us with marketing and advertising.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with applicable law.
- With respect to de-identified information, for any purpose without restriction.
- In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, Personal Information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- For any purpose related to our use of information as set forth in Section III: HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
V. Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your information:
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals.
- Promotional Offers from Nurx, its affiliates, or third-party partners.If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Nurx to promote our own products or services, you can unsubscribe by going to your Nurx account, click preferences, and click off for the communications that you do not wish to receive. If you are receiving email from Nurx or from one of our third-party partners, but do not have an account with us, you can unsubscribe in the bottom of the email. If you are not able to unsubscribe online through one of those methods, please contact us and we can handle your request. You can also always exercise your right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes by contacting us at the address in Section XI (Contact Information). If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking in the unsubscribe link in the bottom of the email.
- Mobile Alerts. By providing your mobile number to us, you agree to be contacted by or on behalf of Nurx and its affiliates, including our medical organizations, at the mobile number you have provided, including via phone call or text message, to receive transactional communications relating to the Platform or services we provide, and you recognize and acknowledge that text messaging is an inherently less secure method of communication and agree to receive text messages regardless of the level of security associated with them. Message and data rates may apply. For help regarding the communications we exchange with you using your phone number, text the word HELP to 687-963. You may also reach our customer care center at (800) 321-6879 or [email protected].
- SMS Marketing. By consenting to receive marketing text messages, which are subject to separate consent terms, you consent to receive recurring marketing text messages, which may relate to your health consultation and treatment that you receive through Nurx. For help, you can call (800) 321-NURX or email [email protected]. To stop receiving marketing messages at any time, you can text STOP to 759-82. For HELP, you can also text HELP to 759-82. Your consent to receive marketing text messages is not a condition of purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. The Nurx mobile alerts program is available in the US only. Standard messaging rates apply to your entry or submission message to any Nurx text message service, our confirmation and all subsequent text message correspondence. Please contact your wireless carrier for information about your messaging and data plan(s). Your carrier may impose message or charge limitations on your account that are outside our control. All associated charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Data obtained from you in connection with our text message service may include your cell phone number, your carrier's name, and the date, time and content of your messages to us and other information that you may provide. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us, and to otherwise operate, develop and improve the service. Your wireless carrier and other service providers may also collect data about your text usage, and their practices are governed by their own policies. For purposes of the Nurx mobile alerts program, text messages will be sent only to the wireless telephone number provided by you. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect our rights or property.
- Social Media Account Sign On. To the extent that you choose to use a social media account application (such as Google, Facebook, or Apple) to create your online account on the Site or otherwise sign into the Site, you understand that if another person has access to your social media account, they will also have access to your account on the Site. That means that another person could access any personal information contained on the Site. It’s your decision about whether to give another person access to your social media account and whether to use that account to sign on to the Site. Additionally, if you use a social media account application to sign into the Site, you understand that the social media account application may send information from your social media account to Nurx.
VI. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to reasonably secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Platform.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Platform; any transmission is at your own risk.
When you use our Platform there is a risk that your PHI will be stored unencrypted on your mobile device. We take a variety of technical safeguards to make sure that your PHI does not leak onto your mobile device but we cannot guarantee that these safeguards work.
VII. Third-Party Platforms
VIII. No Services To Children Under The Age of 13
Nurx does not provide services to minors under 13.
IX. California Resident Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides you with additional rights regarding your Personal Information. This section describes the Personal Information we collect about you, how we use and disclose it, and how you can exercise your privacy rights under the CCPA.
For your Personal Information covered by the CCPA, your rights are described below.
Personal Information Disclosures
In the last twelve (12) months, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number, as well as unique identifiers such as your IP address, cookies or similar data)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or Federal law (e.g., your gender or age)
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information (e.g., browsing history, activity, and service pages visited to help you get started, and information regarding your interactions with our Platform)
- Geolocation Data
- Professional or employment-related information (e.g., your occupation)
- Audio, electronic or similar information when you contact our customer care center by phone
- Inferences drawn from the information identified above
We collect this Personal Information directly from you when you provide it to us; automatically as you navigate through the Platform; or from third party sources to help us determine whether a Nurx product or service is right for you and to send promotional emails and/or text messages to customers and prospective customers. For more information about the sources from which we collect your Personal Information, please see Section II: INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT above.
We collect and use your Personal Information for our own operational purposes to provide services to you; audit interactions on the Platform; secure our Platform and detect, protect, and investigate against security incidents; or improve our Platform (e.g., identify bugs, repair errors, and ensure that services function as intended). For more information about the purposes for which we use your Personal Information, please see Section III: HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION above.
The Personal Information we disclose is described in Section IV: DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION above. In the last twelve (12) months, we have disclosed certain information to third parties (such as our service providers) as set out below for a business or operational purpose:
Categories of Personal Information
Categories of Third Parties
- Identifiers (e.g., such as your email address, IP address, account login information, cookies or similar data)
- Service providers who provide professional or technical support functions; Professional service organizations; Analytics providers for our Platform.
- Internet or other similar network activity (e.g., browsing history, activity, and service pages visited to help you get started, search history, and information regarding your interactions with our Platform)
- Service providers who provide professional or technical support functions; Analytics providers for our Platform.
- Geolocation data
- Service providers who provide professional or technical support functions; Analytics providers for our Platform.
Like many organizations, we engage third parties to help deliver interest-based advertisements to you and may make use of third-party tracking technologies or other online marketing services. In doing so, we may make available or transfer your Personal Information (e.g., Identifiers such as your IP address, Geolocation data, and Internet or other similar network activity) to third parties, such as advertising agencies, advertising services, analytics providers, sponsored content providers, social media platforms, and other similar technology companies. In certain cases, sharing data with these providers could be considered a “sale” under CCPA even though it is not a sale in the traditional sense. In the prior twelve (12) months, we may have sold (as defined by the CCPA) or disclosed for consideration certain categories of your Personal Information.
California Resident Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to know about the Personal Information we collect, use, and disclose about you in the twelve (12) months preceding your request. Upon verifying your identity, we will provide you with the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. We also will disclose the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you and purposes for doing so; the categories of sources of that data; the categories of third parties with whom we shared it for a business purpose and our purposes for doing so; and the categories of third parties to whom we sold Personal Information and our purposes for doing so.
- Right to Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we collect about you. We will honor your request unless an exception applies, such as when the information is necessary to complete the transaction or contract for which it was collected.
- Right to Opt-out of the Sale: You have the right to request that we do not sell your Personal Information to third parties. While we do not “sell” your data in the traditional sense, the CCPA defines this term broadly to include our use of certain third-party advertising and marketing services as described above.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We do not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights under CCPA or applicable law, including discrimination in the form of: denying you goods or services; charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; providing you a different level of quality of goods or services; or suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level of quality of goods or services.
How to Exercise Your Privacy Rights
- For “Right to Know” and “Right to Deletion” requests, visit and complete our web form here. We must verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you, or others. To do so, we collect your name, e-mail address, phone number to verify your identity. We also may contact you by e-mail or by telephone to verify your identity and ask you additional questions so that we can match your identity with the data we have about you. In some instances, we may ask you to declare under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose Personal Information is the subject of the request.
- You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request for you. To use authorized agent, you or your authorized agent must:
submit proof that the authorized agent is registered with the California Secretary of State and that you have authorized be able to act on your behalf,
submit evidence that you have provided the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to the California Probate Code, or
provide the authorized agent written and signed permission to act on your behalf, verify your identity with us, and directly confirm with us that you have provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
We may deny a request from an authorized agent who does not submit sufficient proof to act on your behalf.
- For “Right to Opt-out of the Sale” requests, please note that we collect cookies on our website, our iOS mobile app, and our mobile web app, and each requires a separate opt-out from you. You may request to opt-out of these cookies on this website by clicking CCPA Do Not Sell My Personal Information and changing your cookie settings, by clicking the “CCPA Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link from the footer of this website and modifying your cookie settings. You may request to opt-out of the cookies in our mobile web app, which includes our Android mobile application, by clicking on the “CCPA: Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link from the mobile web app services landing page and modifying your cookie settings. You may request to opt out of these cookies in our iOS app by going to your iOS Settings > Nurx and turning “Allow Tracking” off or by clicking on the “CCPA: Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link from the Nurx services screen and following instructions. Please note: for iOS app users who currently use a version of iOS that predates iOS 14, your operating system will not function as described above. We have turned off all third-party Targeting Cookies for you until you update to iOS 14. Please refer to Section V: CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION for more information about other choices you may have for managing the collection of your Personal Information for analytics and advertising purposes.
XI. Contact Information
Privacy Officer 548 Market Street, Suite # 94061 San Francisco, CA 94104-5401 Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
If you have a complaint, you must submit your complaint in writing to:
Compliance Officer 548 Market Street, Suite # 94061 San Francisco, CA 94104-5401 Email: [email protected]
We know that no one has time to wait in line at the pharmacy. We know that seeing a doctor often isn't easy — on your schedule, wallet, or peace of mind.
Our service makes it easy for anyone, regardless of circumstance, to get medication quickly, discreetly, and affordably. So we can all stay safe and in control of our own health, always.