Free, fast shipping with automatic refills for items fulfilled by our pharmacy. Easily pause or cancel anytime.
Clinically-recommended medications & affordable out-of-pocket prices.
Unlimited messaging for one year with licensed providers.
Bimatoprost, also known as generic Latisse®, is a prescription serum used to treat hypotrichosis, or eyelash thinning. It is the only FDA-approved medication for eyelash growth.
✓ Treating hypotrichosis, or eyelash thinning
✓ Improving eyelash growth, length, and fullness
✓ Darkening eyelashes
|Price with Insurance||Price without Insurance|
|Not available||As low as $53 per month for the medication|
Get started with your virtual consultation for $40, which includes 1 year of unlimited medical care with your own provider team.
What is Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®)?
Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®) is a prescription medication that helps patients address hypotrichosis, or eyelash thinning. By using this medication regularly, patients should see thicker, darker, and longer lashes.
How does Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®) work?
Regular, repeated application of this medication to the upper eyelid lash line promotes eyelash growth. The medication works to create more hair follicles during the hair-growing cycle and increases melanin production to make eyelashes darker.
How do I get a prescription for Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®) from Nurx?
Products containing bimatoprost, the active ingredient in generic Latisse®, are the only FDA-approved medications for hypotrichosis, or eyelash thinning. They are prescription only and are not covered by insurance. At Nurx, we offer generic Latisse® as a clinically-proven eyelash growth treatment at an affordable out-of-pocket price. Just answer some questions and after reviewing your medical history, a provider will prescribe generic Latisse®, if medically appropriate. We’ll then deliver a 3-month supply straight to your door.
How much does Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®) cost from Nurx?
Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®) is available for $159 for a 3-month supply. That’s about $2 per day for thicker, fuller eyelashes.
Is Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®) covered by insurance?
Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®) is not covered by insurance.
How do I apply Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®)?
When using generic Latisse®, apply the serum once nightly when your face is clean and makeup and contact lenses are removed. Use the disposable sterile applicators within the medication’s package and apply evenly along the skin of the upper eyelid lash line (at the base of the eyelashes). Any excess solution runoff outside the upper eyelid margin should be blotted with a tissue or other absorbent cloth. The serum should not be applied to the lower eyelid. Use a new applicator for each eye and dispose of it after use.
What precautions should I take when using Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®)?
It is important to dispose of the applicator after each use. Do not reuse applicators and do not use any other brush/applicator to apply the solution. Be advised that additional applications of the solution will not increase the growth of eyelashes. If you stop your treatment, eyelash growth is expected to return to its pre-treatment level.
Does Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®) have any known side effects?
- If you have eyelid eczema, you may experience some worsening of symptoms.
- There is a possibility of eyelid skin darkening, which is usually reversible when treatment is stopped.
- There is a potential for discoloration of soft contact lenses, which can be avoided if you remove contact lenses before application and wait at least 15 minutes after application to reinsert them.
- Conjunctival hyperemia (prominent blood vessels in your eyes), itching sensations in the eyes and/or eye redness may be side effects.
- Increased iris pigmentation (brown darkening of the colored part of the eye), which may be permanent, has occurred when bimatoprost was administered directly into the eye. Therefore, it is important to apply as directed (i.e. with the applicator at the base of the eyelids and NOT directly into the eye) so less medication makes its way into your eye.
- Be careful not to repeatedly touch areas of skin outside of the treatment areas, as this may cause hair growth in those areas. Blotting away any excess liquid with a clean tissue should help prevent this from occurring.
- There is a rare chance of periorbital fat atrophy (deepening of the eyelid sulcus resulting in a hollowing-out appearance of the eyelids) that may be permanent. Patients should discontinue use if they start to see this effect.
Can I use Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®) with other medications?
Yes, generally bimatoprost (generic Latisse®) may be used with other medications, including those for other skin concerns such as acne, anti-aging, or rosacea treatments. It is important to report all medications — prescription and over-the-counter — as part of your consultation so that your medical provider can offer more personalized information and answers to any questions you may have.
How long does it take to see results after I start using Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®)?
It can take 2-3 months to begin to see improvement and up to 4 months to see full results.
Can Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®) be used while pregnant?
Patients who are pregnant, planning to get pregnant in the next year, or breastfeeding will not be a fit for this medication at this time.
Why might Bimatoprost (generic Latisse®) not be right for me?
Generic Latisse® (bimatoprost) is not a fit for patients with glaucoma, elevated intraocular pressure, macular edema, uveitis or iritis, and recent eye surgery or trauma in the last 3 months. Additionally, patients who are pregnant, planning to get pregnant in the next year, or breastfeeding will not be a fit for this medication at this time.
This medication may not be appropriate for those with allergies to the active ingredient, bimatoprost, and inactive ingredients of benzalkonium chloride, sodium chloride, sodium phosphate dibasic heptahydrate, citric acid monohydrate, hydrochloric acid, or sodium hydroxide.
How It Works
As Seen On
“Demand for Nurx’s services skyrocketed — order volume for emergency contraception, birth control, sexually transmitted infection tests grew 40%, 50% and 100%, respectively. Its total sales climbed 80% year-over-year in 2020”
“For $35, all patients with mild to moderate acne—whether they’re insured or not—can receive an initial medical consultation, home delivery of medications, and a 10-week follow-up.”