Nurx offers PrEP for HIV prevention for as little as $0 with insurance for medication.
The CDC suggests that PrEP is an excellent option for people who are: weigh at least 77 pounds (35kg), are currently HIV-negative, and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- In a sexual relationship with someone who is living with HIV, especially when they are not undetectable
- In a sexual relationship with a partner or multiple partners, with an unknown HIV status
- One or more incidences of anal or vaginal sex without a condom in the last 6 months
- Diagnosis of gonorrhea, chlamydia, or syphilis in the last 6 months
- Inject drugs not prescribed by a medical provider or share works for drug preparation
- Have a partner living with detectable HIV
PrEP will not be a good option for those who meet any of the following:
- Are already living with HIV. PrEP is not enough to treat HIV.
- Who have symptoms of acute HIV infection or have been exposed to HIV in the last 72 hours (PEP may be a better option).
- Diagnosed with Hepatitis B.
- Diagnosed with uncontrollable diabetes or impaired kidney function.
Get PrEP for HIV Prevention At Home