Gilead Sciences, Inc. makes Descovy®, a daily pill for PrEP (Pre-exposure Prophylaxis). Also known as Gilead, the company is based in Foster City, California.
How Can I Contact Gilead Sciences?
If you have general questions about the company, you can call corporate headquarters at 1-800-GILEAD-5. For questions about medical information, call 1-866-MEDI-GSI. Customer support representatives are available between Monday and Friday, from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. PST. If you prefer to contact Gilead Sciences online, you can use the company’s medical information request form.
Who Runs Gilead Sciences?
Gilead Sciences has a 10-member board of directors and a nine-member senior management team. Its senior management team includes:
- Andrew Dickinson: Executive Vice President of Corporate Development and Strategy since 2016
- William A. Lee: Executive Vice President of Research since 2015
- Jyoti Mehra: Executive Vice President of Human Resources since 2017
- Johanna Mercier: Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) since 2019
- Daniel O’Day: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) since 2019
- Brett A. Pletcher: Executive Vice President and General Counsel
- Christi Shaw: CEO of Kite business unit
- Robin L. Washington: Executive Vice President since 2014 and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) since 2008
- Taiyin Yang: Executive Vice President of Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing since 2015
The company’s board of directors includes:
- Jacqueline K. Barton: Professor at California Institute of Technology
- John F. Cogan: Lead Independent Director of Gilead Sciences
- Kelly A. Kramer: Executive Vice President and CFO of Cisco Systems
- Kevin E. Lofton: CEO of CommonSpirit Health
- Harish Manwani: Retired COO of Unilever
- Daniel O’Day: CEO of Gilead Sciences
- George P. Shultz: Director Emeritus of Gilead Sciences
- Richard J. Whitley: Professor of Pediatrics, Microbiology, Medicine, and Neurosurgery at the University of Alabama, Birmingham
- Gayle E. Wilson: Chairman Emeritus of the California State Summer School for Math and Science
- Per Wold-Olsen: Retired President of the Human Health Intercontinental Division at Merck & Co.
What Medications Does Gilead Make?
Gilead makes dozens of medications that treat cardiovascular issues, hematology and oncology conditions, HIV and AIDS, liver diseases and other issues. The company develops medications primarily for the United States market:
- Cardiovascular: Letairis®, Lexiscan®, Ranexa®
- Hematology and Oncology: Yescarta®, Zydelig®
- HIV and AIDS: Atripia®, Biktarvy®, Complera®, Descovy®, Emtriva®, Genvoya®, Odefsey®, Stribild®, Truvada®, Tybost®, Viread®
- Inflammation and Respiratory: Cayston®, Tamiflu®
- Liver Diseases: Epclusa®, Harvoni®, Hepsera®, Sovaldi®, Vemlidy®, Viread®, Vosevi®